Who said children can’t paint on the wall? Let your toddler’s creativity run and learn the water painting. No mess, just fun!
Should We Allow Toddlers to Scribble on the Walls?
Before moving on, let’s just take some time to understand why young children especially toddlers like to scribble on the walls and why we should allow it with a tweak of the “materials” used. Generally, toddlers are discovery learners, they love to see the magic of their markings on a wall, undeniably, they experience excitement from the feel of the motion and surprising appearance of the line. It is surely a way to promote creative expression ( who knows (s)he will be the next Justin Bieber? lol), build visual intelligence and eye-hand coordination. Now, you are shouting “Hey, it’s me that need to clean the mess, it’s not easy!” But what about letting your toddler to scribble freely on the wall where it just takes few minutes to wipe it clean? Let’s learn the water painting, it is as easy as ABC. Even a baby can do that!
Suitability: For an individual toddler or older kids at home
Age Group: 24 months – 40 months
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Playing Time: 15 minutes
What You Need:
- A cup of water
- A few painting brushes of different sizes
- Baby powder
- Choose a wall of a dark paint.
- Spread the baby powder over the wall. You can also invite your toddler to do that while dancing to his/ her favorite music. Caution: Be careful if the floor is slippery.
- Give your child a cup of water and the painting brushes, start scribbling on the wall!
- When it is done, just wipe it off with a damp cloth.
Another Creative Alternative…
There is another creative alternative that you can let your child to enjoy doodling or scribbling freely on the wall. One trendy way is to apply the chalkboard wall sticker! I especially like Kassa’s Premium Extra Large Chalkboard Wall Sticker. Top 10 reasons to support this:
- It is easy to apply and sticks well to the wall.
- It does not pull off any paint of the wall even when you try to reposition the wall sticker for a few times.
- Great idea to cover some ugly spots on the wall.
- Writing notes on the wall sticker is great.
- Can be cleaned and wiped off easily.
- It looks better compared to other brands.
- It works even better than the chalkboard paint. Chalk prefers this paper!
- It comes together with 5 chalks and eraser cloth.
- It’s the best seller in its category on Amazon.
- Inexpensive but better solution!
Find out more how it looks like and whether you want to give it a try!