One of the fast easy lunch recipes is to prepare this cheesy pumpkin chives spaghetti and my son really loves it to the max. You only need to prepare the pumpkin puree before hand (do the work ONCE and for all), steam it until it softens, scrape off, mash it, store in the ice cube tray and freeze it for up to a month for the convenience of later use.
25 counts Animal-shaped spaghetti (Depends on your child’s appetite, I was using Pasta Zara Spaghetti)
1 clove of garlic
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 cube of pumpkin puree
50 ml water
sprinkle of chopped chives
sprinkle of black pepper
Fast easy steps:
- Add spaghetti to salted boiling water, cook for 4-6 minutes to taste.
- Heat the oil in another small frying pan, when it is hot, fry the crushed garlic until fragrant.
- When the spaghetti is soften, transfer the spaghetti into the small pan. Pour in water and tear the cheese into smaller pieces. throw in 1 cube of de-frozen pumpkin puree. Stir them to become a thick pumpkin cheesy soup.
- Lastly, season with some black pepper to taste and top it with chopped chives.
If it is too plain for your toddler, you can fry a scramble egg or ham to serve with the pumpkin cheesy spaghetti. An organic egg will add up the nutritional value of this healthy recipe.
The benefits of these ingredients:
- contains a compound called Allicin which is responsible for its strong and delicious taste. It is famous for its health and medicinal properties
- can fight sickness including the common cold, according to a 12-week study in 2001, the result showed that a daily garlic supplement could reduce the number of colds by 63% compared with placebo.
- help to boost immune system
- contains antioxidants that prevent cancer
- improve bone health
- live longer
- Contains over 200% recommended daily intake of vitamin A – antioxidant beta-carotene
- rich source of dietary fiber
- excellent source of minerals like copper, calcium, potasium and pho
- boost immune system
- improve eyesight
- Good source of calcium
- provides protein
- contains essential vitamins and minerals for the growth of children
- pungent flavor and contains medicinal properties
- low in calories
- high in vitamins and minerals
- improve appetite, sleep and mood.
Very good right? Start incorporating these ingredients in your cooking for the health benefits of your children and family.